Wednesday, October 24, 2012

121 Gone

So, it has been exactly 121 days since my last post, and I'm kind of sad about that.  Have you ever faced something you had to do and wanted to do that the longer you put it off the harder it seemed for you to get it done?  Well, that's me with this blog and wedding thank you cards.  And most of the time, if I'm honest, that's me with my Bible.  I do not at all understand why is it so with some things.  Why do some things seem so insurmountable when clearly they are not?  Why is it that I cannot believe the truth about these things and my ability to get them done?  How can my sometimes logical mind convince me that I am just too far gone or too far removed?  Eventually I always learn my lesson.  The lesson those things, whether it be writing thank you cards, reading the Word, or writing this blog are not too far out of my reach.  The lesson that these things are in fact easily attainable.  I have been wanting to write again for a long time now, but as I have just expressed the more time that went by the less I felt like I could write.  You know, it really is all just a lie.  The devil would have me believe all his lies to keep me from accomplishing anything for the glory of God.  And really that should be the reason I do anything, from writing thank you notes to writing this blog.  

So, I praise the Lord that in the midst of my busyness, procrastination, and self-doubt God brings me back to his Word, his truth and his loving arms.  I do not have to believe the lies of the devil because I have a good God who tells me the truth through his Word and through dear friends.  Isn't it funny how the devil tries to convince us of something that the Father has already told us is a lie?  All this to say that there a few things I need to do, which in turn means I'M BACK.    

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Steph!

    Glad you have realized the lie and you are now living above it.

    Can't wait to read more from you. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete